Monday, January 2, 2012

Rainy Day

It's just one of those days... you wrap yourself in a cozy hoodie, grab your car keys, and go for a drive, slower than you normally would cruise. The windshield wipers and the music turned up. Cold fingers on the steering wheel, eyes on the taillights in front of you. And you're not where you physically are anymore. You're years back, in another state, in a different vehicle, driving in the rain, thinking about what the future is going to bring. Then you're zooming through time, making meaningful connections between the events in your life, wondering how you got through all of it, and so fast. How did we ever get to this age? What happened to the last 10 years? How did I lose that and why didn't I say that... What am I doing right now and how do I want the next 10 years to be? So happy I chose to do that and that, and get rid of him, and avoid her, and tell him how I felt... so happy for him and her, and her and him, and for me. Just happy to be alive and to have my sight and my hearing and my memories. My family. My friends. My music. My art. My job. My sanity.    

*sigh* It's just one of those rainy, nostalgic days. :]

1 comment:

Followers